COVID-19 – Ocean Mind Update
The health and safety of our participants and mentors are always our top priority. Ocean Mind is taking a number of steps to support our team and participants.
Ocean Mind will also be making some changes to the way we run our programs to support the community response:
- reviewing the activities and games to minimise close contact between our participants
- emphasising good hand hygiene messages at the start of our program
- engaging in a discussion with the participants about what this means to them, recognising that this situation may raise mental health concerns to the surface for some.
We are also asking all those that plan to participate in our programs before the end of the season to:
- Advise Ocean mind staff if you have traveled from another country in the last 14 days.
- If you are showing any symptoms or illness that you don’t attend our programs or events.
The team at Ocean Mind are closely monitoring this situation and developing plans to play our part in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on the community and health system. We will take our lead from the Victorian government response, and this may impact our events and program delivery, so we will keep you informed as things progress.
This is a constantly evolving situation, so we have set up a subset of our Board who are communicating daily to discuss our ongoing response and ensure we have the latest information from health authorities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us to discuss.